MICHIGAN INTERNET AND ONLINE CRIMES ATTORNEY
The internet is a central part of modern life. It’s the medium through which we communicate and conduct many of our financial transactions, with both public and private spaces. So, it’s no surprise that many of the ways in which it is possible to violate the law “in real life” have digital equivalents. And in some cases, the internet has also paved the way for new kinds of offenses that have led to the passage of new laws.
WHAT IS CYBERCRIME?
Internet crimes, also sometimes called cybercrimes, refer to any crime that is conducted over the internet, whether on phones or more traditional devices. Some of the most common violations include:
- Cyberbullying and harassment
- Cyberstalking by monitoring one’s social media, or sending unwelcome messages via email or other messaging platforms
This category also includes online sex offenses.
- Possessing and/or distributing child pornography
- Exchanging explicit material with a minor over the internet and/or engaging in illicit conversation with a minor through an online source
- Sexual solicitation and/or conducting human trafficking via the internet
…as well as identity theft and fraud.
- Identity theft
- Credit card fraud
- Investment fraud
- Business fraud/white collar crimes
- Phishing for passwords and other sensitive information
TALK ABOUT YOUR CYBERCRIME CHARGE WITH AN EXPERIENCED LAWYER
No matter what online charge you are facing, The Law Offices of Bradley J. Friedman can help. To schedule a free initial consultation with a skilled attorney, contact me by email or call 248-206-5342.
From my office in Farmington Hills, I serve clients throughout the Detroit metropolitan area and beyond in Michigan.